A shared adventure
When a bunch of colleagues rehearse a song together, they share an adventure. Wholly unprepared. And often with no previous experience.
During a short warm-up, prticipants shake off the day’s work-related stress. After some breathing excercises everybody is centered and once the vocal chords have been hummingly loosened, the different voices start rehearsing their parts (e.g. a simple canon).
What transpires? Everyone can sing!
Fair enough, some people need to lose some inhibitions, but singing clears the air… literally:
- It helps clear the head and airways: it is relaxing and meditative.
- It breaks the ice.
- It is an outlet for impressions and emotions.
- It stimulates mental and emotional energy.
- Singing together enhances team spirit and cohesion (the ‘us’ feeling…)
- It also enhances trust in self and others: if the team succeeds in singing a multipart choral work, then surely that next project has a similar chance of success
Annemarie’s singing workshops could take the form of a an exciting or relaxing 1.5hr intermezzo during a company event like a seminar, workshop or training day.
Another alternative is the so-called ‘ad-hoc choir’ where, in a few rehearsals with a number of employees, Annemarie works towards a breathtaking performance for colleagues.
And if the enthusiasm catches on, no problem… within a very short time Annemarie is able to get up to 600 people singing a canon together!
The options are endless…
Up for an adventure with a difference? Annemarie Willems is available to come by and discuss the possibilities for your event.
In addition to workshops for companies and organisations, one could also think of:
- A workshop at the occasion of a special birthday with family and friends.
- A workshop with the department to prepare for a farewellparty of a colleague.
- A workshop as one of the activities during a familyparty or a girlfriends day.
- A workshop for volunteers, who are put in the limelight by their organisation.
The repertoire is quite broad: ranging from South-African songs to, for example, a simple two-part song from Abba. You can choose for à cappella, but piano accompaniment is also possible.
Do not hesitate to call for information or an appointment. The telephone number can be found on the Information & News page.